Descendants of William Taylor
Generation No. 1
William TAYLOR married (1) Elender HYDER February 15, 1825 in Carter County, Tn.
Children of William TAYLOR and Elender HYDER are:
- David TAYLOR, b. Abt. 1830, Carter County, TN.
- Mike TAYLOR
- Tibitha J. TAYLOR b. Abt. 1833, Carter County, TN
- Joseph TAYLOR, b. Abt. 1837, Carter County, TN
- Jim TAYLOR
- William M. TAYLOR b. Abt. 1839, Carter County, TN.
- Elizabeth TAYLOR b. Abt. 1845, Carter County, TN
- Evilina Jackson TAYLOR b. Abt. 1845, Carter County, TN
- Jane TAYLOR b. Abt. 1846, Carter County, TN
After Elender's death he married Amy WAGNOR February 28, 1849 in Carter County, Tn.
Children of William TAYLOR and Amy WAGNOR are:
- Alexander TAYLOR b. Greene County, TN\East Side of Chimney Top Mtn.
- Alfred TAYLOR b. 1850, Carter County, TN.
- James H. TAYLOR b. 1852
- Martha C. TAYLOR b. 1853; d. 1916
- Allison Wagnor TAYLOR b. 1855; d. 1940
- Levi TAYLOR b. June 05, 1857; d. January 10, 1887
- George W. TAYLOR b. 1860 m. (1) Cora MULLENIX m. (2)Sarah MCCOLLUM.
- Susan TAYLOR b. 1863 d. 1890 m. ________ BRADFOR
- Mary Ann TAYLOR b. 1865 m. Joe Peoples
Generation No. 2
Alexander TAYLOR was born in Greene County, TN\East Side of Chimney Top Mtn. He married Molly
HALL. He owned a custom grinding grain mill. Children of Alexander TAYLOR and Molly HALL are:
- Bessie TAYLOR
- Jessie TAYLOR
- Amos TAYLOR
- Nell TAYLOR
- Hugh TAYLOR
- Foster TAYLOR
Alfred TAYLOR was born 1850 in Carter County, TN. Children of Alfred TAYLOR are:
- Phronia TAYLOR
- Mollie TAYLOR
- Ivan TAYLOR
- Ott TAYLOR
- Dixie TAYLOR
- Effie TAYLOR m. ___________ HULSE
- Elbert TAYLOR
- Liddie TAYLOR
Martha C. TAYLOR was born 1853. She married Thomas G. BRANDON. Children of Martha TAYLOR and Thomas BRANDON are:
- Bertha BRANDON
- Roy BRANDON
- Florence BRANDON
- Everett BRANDON
- Elbert BRANDON m. Gertrude KILDAY
Allison Wagnor TAYLOR was born 1855 and died 1940. He married Martha Ellen VAUGHAN. She was born 1856 and died 1920. They are both buried at Fairview United Methodist Church in TN. Children of Allison TAYLOR and Martha VAUGHAN are:
- Ruthurford Burchard TAYLOR
- Lucinda Catherine TAYLOR m. Herman Stephen SHIPLEY
- Essie Mae TAYLOR m. Benjamin BOWMAN
- Julie Alvertie TAYLOR m. Benjamin CAMPBELL
- Thomas Leonard TAYLOR m. b>Margaret CAMPBELL
- Flora Anne TAYLOR m. Clarence MOORE
- James Houston TAYLOR b. September 23, 1881; d. June 21, 1959
- Amy Elizabeth TAYLOR b. March 20, 1886; d. April 21, 1971 m. William Aaron KEYS. They are buried at Pleasant Grove United Methodist Church, TN
- Charles Alexander TAYLOR b. 1888 d. 1954 m. Bessie CAMPBELL b. 1906 d. 1987. They are both buried at Fairview United Methodist Church, TN.
- William Ray TAYLOR, b. March 05, 1894 d. March 31, 1977 m. Mary LOVEGROVE; b. November 18, 1896 d. July 13, 1922 They are both buried at Fairview United Methodist Church, Limestone, TN.
Levi TAYLORwas born June 05, 1857 and died
January 10, 1887. He married Mary Jane SMITH, daughter of Alexander SMITH and Polly. She was born July 20, 1860 and died January 08, 1919. Children of Levi TAYLOR and Mary SMITH are:
- Billy Keen TAYLOR b. May 01, 1885
- Chrissy Taylor b. May 01, 1885; d. May 07, 1887
- William E. TAYLOR
- Noah TAYLOR
- Magnoley TAYLOR m. Louis BALL
- Cora TAYLOR m. Byrd BAXTER
- Myrtle TAYLOR m. Elbert MORELOCK
Generation No. 3
Rutherford Burchard TAYLOR married Essie MILLER. Children of Rutherford TAYLOR and Essie MILLER are:
- Raymond TAYLOR m. Zona DEWALD
- Paul TAYLOR m. Isabel COOPER
- Louise TAYLOR
- Robert TAYLOR
- Sara TAYLOR m. Leland COX
- Dorothy TAYLOR m. Don SAMS
- Ruth TAYLOR m. Tom DOYLE
James Houston TAYLOR was born September 23, 1881 and died June 21, 1959. He married Amy LOVEGROVE. She was born June 11, 1887 and they are both buried at Fairview United Methodist Church. Children of James TAYLOR and Amy LOVEGROVE are:
- Evelyn Bernice TAYLOR
- Martha May TAYLOR
- James J. TAYLOR, SR. b. March 10, 1913; d. August 08, 1976
Amy Elizabeth TAYLOR was born March 20, 1886, and died April 21, 1971. She married William Aaron KEYS February 27, 1905, son of Elbert Winton KEYS and Sarah Lucille WALKER. They are both buried at Pleasant Grove Methodist Church, TN. The children of Amy TAYLOR and William KEYS are:
- Ruth KEYS b. December 09, 1905 d. January 04, 1999 m. Vernon L. KENNERLY b. December 27, 1903 d. September 26, 1965. Ruth is buried at Pleasant Grove Methodist Church, TN. Vernon L. KENNERLY is buried at the Old Sulpher Springs Cemetery, Jonesborough, TN.
- Thomas Leonard KEYS, SR. b. April 17, 1907 d. March 21, 1964.
- Edith KEYS b. January 02, 1909 d. October 27, 1916
- Catherine Nelle KEYS b. November 27, 1910 d. March 9, 1999 m 1st _______ BELL , 2nd. Richard Lloyd PERRY. Nelle is buried at Pleasant Grove Cemetery
- Charles Wayland KEYS b. October 17, 1912 d. May 9, 2004
- Lucy KEYS b. abt 1915 d. September 09, 1974 married Spencer GERVIN
- Jay Fred KEYS b. December 13, 1916 d. January 10, 1975. He married Ruth LANDRETH.
- Theodore Roosevelt KEYS b. January 18, 1918 d. May 3, 1996
- Eleanor KEYS married Eddie HECKROTH
- Evelyn Walker KEYS b. April 19, 1921 d. December 17, 2003
- William Allison KEYS, Jr. (Bill) b. October 4, 1925 d. November 4, 2005. He married Lola Hobbs.
- James Howard KEYS b. May 02, 1925 d. July 09, 1967
If anyone has any information about any of the people mentioned
above, please contact me.
Return to Washington County
Last updated July 20, 2009