I am searching for information on any of the following:
Aaron KEYS born March 3, 1801 and died December 8, 1868. Aaron married Hannah NELSON on February 3, 1825 in Washington Co., TN. They had the following children:
- Mark KEYS. In 1842 Mark married Lydia Angeline HAIRE. Mark served in the Civil War as a Private in the 4th TN Cavalry Co. H., he was killed in the Battle of Nashville.
Hannah died and Aaron married Mary HARTMAN, daughter of Henry HARTMAN and Polly BROWN. They had the following children
- Aaron KEYS, Jr.
- John KEYS
- Matilda KEYS
- Polly KEYS
- George KEYS b. 1833 d. April 2, 1856
- Henry KEYS b. 1841 d. April 12, 1853
- Elbert Winton KEYS b. September 8, 1843 d. November 21,1917 married Sarah Matilda WALKER
- Angelene KEYS b. 1845 d. 1928 married J. S. WALKER
- Berndette Anne KEYS (also known as Tennessee Keys) b. March 2, 1848 d. February 11, 1899 married Lewis COOPER.
- Robert B. Keys b. 1857 d. 1944 married Ester DROKE
Elbert Winton KEYS b. September 8,1843 and d. November 21,1917 married Sarah Matilda WALKER, daughter of William WALKER and Mary BROWN. Elbert and Sarah are both buried at Pleasant Grove Methodist Church in Limestone, Tennessee.
They had the following children:
- Mary L. KEYS b. June 27, 1868 d. January 19, 1903 married C.R. HALE
- Bertha V, KEYS b. November 29, 1881 d. May 3, 1909
- William Aaron KEYS b. May 31, 1870 d. December 20, 1930 married 1st. Laura E. Baskett and 2nd. Amy Elizabeth TAYLOR.
- John Wesley KEYS b. November 1, 1872 d. September 8, 1939
- Charles E. KEYS b. October 4, 1879 d. June 18, 1932
- Maggie A. KEYS b. February 5, 1875 d. May 15, 1906 married J. F. SELLERS.
William Aaron KEYS married Laura E. Baskett , b. September 7, 1870
d. April 19, 1904. They are both buried at Pleasant Grove Methodist Church
in Limestone, Tennesse. Their children are:
- John H. Keys b. September 1893 d. bef. 1910
- Elbert Newman KEYS b. 1896 d. May 16, 1969
- Billie Hobert KEYS b. July 13, 1899 d. November 12, 1911
- Mayme KEYS b. abt. 1900 d. September 21, 1980 married Charles ELLIS
- Bess KEYS b. September 17, 1903 d. May 2, 1973 married ________ LELAND.
Laura died and William Aaron Keys married on February 27, 1905 in Washington Co. Tn. Amy Elizabeth TAYLOR b. March 20, 1886 d. April 1971, daughter
of Allison Wagner TAYLOR and Martha VAUGHAN. Amy Elizabeth is also buried
next to William and Laura. William and Amy's children are:
- Ruth KEYS b. December 9, 1905 d. January 4, 1999 married Vernon KENNERLY
- Thomas Leonard KEYS b. April 17, 1907 d. March 21, 1964 married
Faye Ida BAILEY
- Edith KEYS b. January 2, 1909 d. October 27, 1916
- Catherine Nelle KEYS b. November 27, 1910 d. March 9, 1999 m 1st _______ BELL , 2nd. Richard Lloyd PERRY
- Charles Wayland KEYS b. October 17, 1912 d. May 9, 2004
- Lucy KEYS b. abt. 1915 d. September 9, 1974 married Spencer GERVIN
- Jay Fred KEYS b. December 13, 1916 d. January 10, 1975
- Theodore Roosevelt KEYS b. January 18, 1918 d. May 3, 1996
- Eleanor KEYS married Eddie HECKROTH
- Evelyn Walker KEYS b. April 19, 1921 d. December 17, 2003
- William Allison KEYS, Jr. (Bill) b. October 4, 1925 d. November 4, 2005
- James Howard KEYS b. May 2, 1925 d. July 9, 1967
Thomas Leonard KEYS, Sr. married on December 25, 1932, Faye Ida BAILEY,
b. April 3, 1912 d. February 15, 1994, daughter of Robert Elison BAILEY
and Lula Mae SHANKS. Thomas and Faye are my husband's Grandparents.
Keys Family Photo Album
If anyone has any information on any of the people mentioned
above, contact me!
Return to Washington County, TN
Last updated July 20, 2009